Hello buddies, Now a day world population is increasing day by day, Population of the world is reaching on 7.4 billion as per data of march 2016. World population 2016 is estimated an all time high record to the previous year. Population day is to celebrated for increase people’s awareness for control earth population. World population day 2016 will be celebrated on 11 July 2016.
Serious reason for celebrating World Population Day
As the world population is touching to 7.41 billion people in 2016 compare to 1950 population of earth is 2.49 billion. this matter has had profound implications for development. A world of 7.41 billion is two challenges first one is an opportunity with implications on sustainability, urbanisation (people are moving town to city), access to health services (more number of people more issue to serve them) and second one is youth encouragement and empowerment.
World Population Day vision to increase people’s awareness on different population issues such as the importance of family planning and many other apart from population issue this day is also celebrated for gender equality, poverty, maternal health and human rights.
when it is decided to celebrate world population day?
In 1989, united nations selected 11 July as world population day, to focus on international development plans and programmes and the required to find different solutions for increasing population issues. On this day different nations of world is celebrating this day with different themes.
In World Population Day 2015 is celebrated on theme Vulnerable Populations in Emergencies over world wide.
Awesome Quotes on population day:
- “Close to a billion people – one-eighth of the world’s population – still live in hunger. Each year 2 million children die through malnutrition. This is happening at a time when doctors in Britain are warning of the spread of obesity. We are eating too much while others starve”
- “Almost half of the population of the world lives in rural regions and mostly in a state of poverty. Such inequalities in human development have been one of the primary reasons for unrest and, in some parts of the world, even violence.”
- “If we do not voluntarily bring population growth under control in the next one or two decades, the nature will do it for us in the most brutal way, whether we like it or not.”
- “President Obama has tried to spin the paltry new job creation numbers as ‘a step in the right direction.’ But, clearly, the small growth in jobs isn’t even keeping up with population growth, much less returning the workforce to a healthy level.”
- “A finite world can support only a finite population; therefore, population growth must eventually equal zero.”
- “In order to stabilize world population, we must eliminate 350,000 per day.”
- “Population, when unchecked, increases in a geometrical ratio.”
- “An educated, enlightened and informed population is one of the surest ways of promoting the health of a democracy.”
- ” Population, when unchecked, goes on doubling itself every 25 years or increases in a geometrical ratio”
So what is your solution for population of earth? give your view on this issue on comment box.
Also Check This Day:
- International Day of Yoga (IDY) Quotes, Wallpaper
- Happy Father’s Day Quotes, Wallpaper, Messages, Gifts