Not everyone is good at sports. Outdoor activities though extremely good for health, are no longer some of the most popular choices amongst young people these days. This has led to the popularity of indoor games. Amongst the various options available for indoor games, playing cards undoubtedly beat hands down.
Photo Credit: Pixabay
With a number of options available, you can play alone or with a couple of friends or even strangers, thanks to the popularity of card games on the internet. A number of variants of teen Patti, blackjack, baccarat and rummy are available online.
People can join and play as and when they feel like, for at a time there can be as many as a hundred or thousands of people online anywhere in the world playing the same game as you.
Rummy – The Most Popular Card Game
Despite the presence of a number of card games, rummy has emerged as a clear winner. This can be attributed to the fact that it is a fairly easy game to understand and learn and extremely fun to play with. You must have enjoyed playing it with your siblings or your parents, grandparents.
This is probably one of the reasons why it is one of the most popular card game online, with a number of apps and sites dedicated to playing rummy games online. Since rummy is a game for all ages, it might be one of the reasons for its immense popularity.
The online sites also offer you a chance to win money! Since everyone wants to win and win big, you must be well aware of the rules before you start playing.
Though relatively easy to learn as well as play, the rules of online rummy change from one site to another; albeit minor changes only.
To have fun while playing as well as maximize your wins, you should be well aware and learn how to play rummy online games. Here are a few pointers to be kept in mind while playing rummy online.
- The game is played with 2 decks of cards with 2-6 players.
- The starting player is determined by a toss.
- A ‘joker’ is selected from the deck.
- 13 cards are dealt to each player.
- Only top card is placed face visible. The remaining cards remain closed.
- You need to make sequences (3 or more consecutive cards of the same suit) and/or sets (3 or 4 cards of the same rank from different suits) with 13 rummy cards.
- You can pick a card from the open or closed deck and must throw one card to the open deck.
- You cannot pick a card from the discard pile and throw it back again on the same turn.
- The player has to arrange the 13 cards to form at least 2 sequences (1 pure i.e. without joker) and/or sets. The 1st one to do so becomes a winner.
To maximize your chances of winning the game, you must keep in mind a few facts.
- Make a pure sequence first. You cannot declare and therefore win without it.
- Face cards i.e. K, Q & J have 10 points each, Ace card is of 10 points and Joker has zero points. Remaining cards have face value.
- Since point tally is kept in the game, it is better to discard high point cards like J, Q, K and Ace in case you lose the game. Choose joker, wildcards or face value cards instead.
- Recheck your cards before declaring as you can lose a winning hand for wrong declaration.
Photo Credit: PxHere
Rummy is one of the most popular card games as it is a fairly easy game to understand and learn and extremely fun to play with.
You can enjoy the traditional card game with your siblings, parents, or even grandparents. No wonder it is one of the most popular card game online, with a number of apps and sites like Rummyculture dedicated to playing rummy games online.