Do you know how to apply for PAN card at NSDL portals ? This post contains the procedure for application for Permanent Account Number online.
PAN is called “Permanent Account Number” can be used in different government schemes like scholarship, driving license, opening a bank account & much more. It can be used in different procedure and also can be served as an identity card.
How To Apply For PAN Card (Online Application)
India Govt. has digitally improved by providing us different services online taking the government process to next level, which is awesome. For every Indian it is important to gain knowledge on PAN card applying process.
Today we are taking you to the process of applying for PAN card process, which is most important for financial transactions above 50,000 Inr. Getting Pan card is now crucial to managing your own finances.
You don’t have to be a genius for applying for Pan card, it includes some text to filled using your personal data. Once those empty lines are filled, you need to provide specific documents to prove that your citizen of India. No need to worry, In this case, you have submit documents which you already have for years.
Let’s go through the process of applying pan card. For the first step, you need to get copies of several required documents.
What Documents Do We Need :
- Address Proof
- DOB Proof
- Identity Proof
- 4 Photographs.
These are basics things we need to move to the next step, Get four latest photographs of your’s.
1) Address Proof :
The below mentioned are what you need to fill out the Address Proof requirement. Make sure that all the below documents have your present address.
- Aadhar Card with your current address on it (make sure the address is your current place)
- Driving License
- Passport (Also spouse passport)
- Election card (Elector’s ID)
- Your Bank account statement
- Electricity, Landline & water bill
- Property registration
- Gas bill & consumer gas registration papers
- Property tax assessment order (Recent)
In a survey, most approved PAN card applications involved these documents were Aadhar card, Electricity bill, Landline bill, water bill & bank statement.
2) D.O.B Proof (Date Of Birth):
Moving to our next step is your date of birth proof. Not every one have DOB certificate, there are several reasons behind why most Indians do not have “Birth Certificate issued by the Municipal Authority“.
So govt. is generous enough to provide us several alternatives to get this part done without a Municipal Approved Birth certificate. Let us go through those steps.
- 10th class Memo (Big Memo)
- 12th Class Memo (Big Memo)
- Passport & Driving license
- Aadhar Card is also considered
- Marriage Certificate issued by Govt
- Pension statement.
If you do not have any one of above certificates, you can contact your nearest mandal office to then i suggest you call toll free number 1800-1801-961 for further assistance.
3) Identity Proof:
This isn’t something you should be worried about, most of you already have these certificates, which you will find in the list below.
- Academic certificates like 10th Memo,12th Memo, Degree or Diploma Memo
- Driving License
- Aadhaar Card
- Ration card (make sure it has your photo in it)
- Bank certificate (A letter from the head of the branch, make sure it has head’s signature and stamp).
- Govt Health scheme card which has your name and photo on it.
- Pension card (Government approved card)
- Any ID card issued by Govt of
Now you have all of the necessary documents, Visit your nearest E-seva center to apply.
In case if you do not have any of the mentioned ID proof, There are other alternatives.
You can visit your nearest E-seva centers or Mee-seva centers (Mee-seva for Telangana & A.P) or you can simply make a call to this toll-free number 1800-1801-961.
This toll-free number leads you to an official customer care no. in several different languages to clear your doubts.
How To Apply For PAN Card Online :
This another cool way to apply for PAN Card, Once you are done with the documents, get scanned documents mentioned above then your good to go.
- Click to start
- Now you in the official PAN card online application site,
- Keep all of the documents with you when filling up. Fill up all of the necessary fields in the columns.
- In case if you’d get stuck, Seek help here
- Once you are done with filling up the name, address, proof’s etc. you have to pay around 110/- to proceed.
- Once the payment is done, print the document.
- Now paste your photographs
- Send it to ” NSDL at Income Tax PAN Services Unit, NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited, 5th floor, Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune – 411016. “
- Once it reaches the NDSL, which takes 15 days you will receive your PAN card in an envelope once it has reviewed it.
How To Check Pan Card Status :
You can check your status in two different methods,
- You can check your PAN card status here online.
- you can talk directly and keep a track of you PAN status by calling 0202-7218-080.
Duration Of Process :
To process, the application must reach NSDL income tax office within in 15 days of registering, It will take some time to review the application. Once approved it then It takes the maximum of 30 days for PAN card to deliver. There are chances you might get early.
This procedure takes some time to process, meanwhile you can track the status and whereabouts of your PAN card using the above methods.
Now you know there ware several ways to get your PAN card done. It might seem a little lengthy process but it isn’t, if properly done you can get PAN card within 20 days.
PAN card process applies same in every part of the country. It doesn’t matter which state and city you are in, end of the day rules are the same.
To give you a good head of how much it cost. It cost around 110/- if applied online.3
In some authorized centers, it cost 100/- only. Do not fall into random guys offering you these services charging you more than Rs.110/-. Always go for authorized PAN card centers.
Now that we are at the end of this. You must have question and doubts to clear before proceeding. To make this easy for you, you can clear your doubts by commenting below in the comment section. 🙂